Monday, January 28, 2013

Yeah, I'd probably run too

Here's a story about a gathering of women who were rudely interrupted by a gun-wielding intruder. At first they thought he was pranking them, but once they realized he was serious, the house owner said, "In the name of Jesus, get out of my house now," and then the other women began chanting "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus." The guy ran. The woman who owns the house reported, "I believe he saw angels. I think he saw who was on our side, and he just turned around. The look on his face was just, like, astonishment. He was totally captivated by whatever he saw. He just turned around and ran out the door."

Uh-huh. I don't know what caused the burglar to run. Most likely he realized that they were calling his bluff, and he didn't want to shoot fifteen people. He may have been spooked by the weirdness, too. But I don't believe he saw angels or anything supernatural. And this situation could so easily have taken a turn for the worse. Fortunately it didn't-- but that doesn't mean Jesus was on their side. It just means they were lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment