Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"Women are treated with respect"

Here's an article about a British "model who regularly bares almost all," who met a Tunisian man and will be converting to Islam when she marries him in the spring. She says her husband told her that "once we are married my body is for his eyes only," and she adds, "These are the kind of values I love about their culture... Women are treated with respect and they also respect themselves and their bodies. They don’t do one-night stands or casual flings."

Uh-huh. Personally, I think a woman can "respect" her body and still have casual sex, and I think a woman can be married and let other people see her body as well (she covers up from shoulders to ankle for her future in-laws when she visits them now, so we're not talking about parading around in sexy lingerie, but about covering all of her). But it's her choice-- and once she actually makes it, I suspect she'll have a hard time getting out of it. I have a feeling that a woman brought up in a liberal and relatively sexually free culture is going to have a hard time making this transition, but I could certainly be wrong. I just hope she doesn't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment