Thursday, October 25, 2012

Gasp! You mean this isn't a Christian nation??!

I don't listen to the radio much, and I particularly don't listen to the rednecky type of station if I can help it (I'm a classic rock sort of girl, not a talk radio and country gal). I was in a tack shop today, however, and heard an egregiously idiotic ad on the country station they had running. It announced it was paid for by the so-called Faith & Freedom Coalition, so I came home and Googled for it.

The full text can be found here, but it was about "Obama's war on religion," and this is what caught my ear: "Obama claimed in a Muslim country that America is not a Christian nation." Gasp! Seriously? The leader of this country actually dared to state that this is not a Christian nation? The horror! The horror!!!

The rest of it is stupid too (if Obama actually said Congress had better things to do than reaffirm "In God We Trust" on our money, he was entirely correct), but the idea that these people are trying to claim this as a Christian nation raises my hackles. You utter morons, what country do you think you're living in? Apparently it's not the same country I live in, because this is not a Christian nation. It's a secular one.

No comments:

Post a Comment