Thursday, July 11, 2013

Christian Nation, finished

An update to my prior thoughts on Christian Nation. I finished it today, and I'm pleased to say that around 75% through the book (I'm reading it on my iPhone), it became pretty creepy and interesting. The author finally eased off on the "lawyer stuff" (the long, thoroughly detailed description of how the "Christian Nation" came to be, complete with endless lawyerly explanation) and got down to drama and action. It still wasn't quite as gripping as it should have been, but the last quarter was decent enough reading. It seems to me that if the first part of the book had been cut down and made less like an essay, and had the characters been somewhat better drawn, it could have been a good book. As it is, it's a long, hard road to get to the good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment